MobileIron continues its transformation towards a SaaS company: Eliminates Perpetual Licensing
Effective July 1, 2020, MobileIron’s on-premise software will be available exclusively through subscription licenses. With this change, all MobileIron software and SaaS solutions, including both MobileIron Core and MobileIron Cloud, will be available only on a subscription basis.
We recommend that you refer to the frequently asked questions below before reaching out to your MobileIron sales executive.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What are the key changes?
- MobileIron is eliminating perpetual licensing for MobileIron’s on-premise software solutions effective July 1, 2020. i.e., MobileIron will no longer sell new perpetual licenses effective July 1, 2020
- Effective July 1, 2020, MobileIron’s on-premise software will be available only under subscription licensing. MobileIron SaaS solutions will continue to be offered only on a subscription basis as well.
Who is this applicable to?
- This affects only MobileIron customers currently with licenses for MobileIron’s on-premise software solutions.
Why are you eliminating perpetual pricing?
- An overwhelming majority of our customers have indicated a preference for subscription as the primary licensing model because of its convenience, greater flexibility in purchasing, and better ROI.
What are the benefits of subscription licensing?
There are several key benefits of our subscription pricing:
- Easy to understand, procure and transact
- Includes maintenance and support without the need to purchase a separate maintenance and support contract
- Software updates are included with your subscription, helping you to always stay current with the latest capabilities and ahead of potential threats
I am currently on on-premises perpetual licensing, how am I affected?
- If you do not intend to expand your user/device license and if you are under active maintenance contract, then you are unaffected.
- If you do intend to expand your user/device licenses, you will be able to expand using on-premise MobileIron Core subscription licenses.
Can I add more users/devices under perpetual licensing?
- Yes, until June 30th.
- Starting July 1st, you can add more users/devices under subscription licensing only.
Can I expand my user/device seats on/after July 1, 2020?
- Yes. Starting July 1, 2020, you can add user/devices under subscription licensing only.
Who should I contact to expand my users/device licenses?
- As perpetual licensing for MobileIron’s on-premise software solutions will not be available starting on July 1, 2020, if you need to expand user/device count, please reach out to your sales executive at your earliest convenience and before June 30, 2020.
Is there a change in maintenance fees?
- There is no change to MobileIron maintenance due to elimination of perpetual licensing.
Will there be any change to the MobileIron subscription pricing?
- Not at this point in time.
Will elimination of perpetual licensing take effect globally?
- Yes, this is effective in all geographies.
I have more questions, who do I contact?
- If you are a current customer, contact your sales executive.