MobileIron Product Privacy Statement
For business customer employees or consultants who have MobileIron software installed on their mobile devices
What is MobileIron software? MobileIron, Inc. (“MobileIron”) is a leader in enterprise mobility management. Your employer (as defined below) has purchased MobileIron software as a tool to enable it to securely manage and deliver corporate apps, documents and other corporate content on this mobile device (either a mobile phone or tablet, depending on your employer’s policy).
What is this Privacy Statement? This Privacy Statement describes how we handle information we collect about you and your device in this context. Note that your employer may have its own privacy policies with regard to your workplace communications and your mobile device and other privacy issues, and you should contact your employer if you have any questions about those privacy issues. In this Privacy Statement, we refer to the business that has purchased our products or services for deployment on your mobile device as your “employer” for convenience, although you may be a consultant or otherwise affiliated with such company.
How do I set up MobileIron software? If you have an Android device or iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to download the MobileIron 'Mobile@Work' app or the ‘MobileIron Go’ app. After you’ve downloaded the appropriate app, follow the instructions inside the app to fully register your device with MobileIron. In all cases, consult your employer for any instructions relevant to your organization. If your employer has provided you with the company-owned mobile device, the Mobile@Work or MobileIron Go app may have been pre-loaded prior to your receipt of the mobile device.
How does MobileIron help me? Your employer may request you to use MobileIron in order to get mobile access to corporate resources like email. In general, MobileIron enables you to do the following from your mobile device:
- Quickly access your corporate email, calendar, and contacts
- Access corporate WiFi and VPN networks
- Easily find and install work related applications
- Check compliance with corporate security policies
- Locate lost or stolen devices
The exact functionality of MobileIron on your device depends on the policies and configuration determined by your employer. We encourage you to reach out to your employer for additional details about your organization’s policy on company- and personally-owned devices managed by MobileIron.
What can my Employer do to my mobile device? Can my employer control my device? Many companies offer “bring your own device” (BYOD) programs allowing employees to have access to company data in return for some control over their mobile devices. While it depends on the exact policies and configuration in your organization, these are the types of things you agree to when using a MobileIron-managed device:
- The IT administrator at your company can wipe enterprise content off of your phone, leaving your personal information untouched; you can also wipe your phone in the same manner.
- The IT administrator at your company can locate your device; you can also locate your device.
- The IT administrator at your company can block applications, require applications, and limit access to corporate email and internal resources.
- The IT administrator at your company can create minimum standards, like:
- Encrypting your phone (to protect the data, both personal and company)
- Requiring a minimum software version or a passcode to gain access to corporate resources
- Not modifying your OS (commonly known as rooting or jailbreaking) and putting data at risk
Your employer may require you to run software that goes beyond the capabilities and features of MobileIron software. This software may even be distributed by MobileIron. Ultimately, the policies that are set by our software are determined by your employer. The above examples are only applicable where your employer deems them appropriate.
What information does MobileIron collect? We collect basic information about your device so that we may facilitate the registration of your device and the deployment, operation and maintenance of the MobileIron software for your employer. The MobileIron software offers many protections for employees, and our goal is to minimize the collection or use of personal information. We collect and use only the types and amounts of your personal information necessary to provide functionality to your employer and for related internal purposes (user or device true-ups, troubleshooting, trend analysis and product development). We do not share this personal information with advertisers or other third parties for those parties’ own purposes, unless you tell us to do so or unless we are compelled by law to make such disclosures. Importantly, we do not collect and store your name.
The information about you or your device that we may collect, access, use, and/or store for these operational purposes consists of:
- Mobile device identifiers, such as the IP address, mobile phone number, make and model, carrier, country, operating system version, and other technical details. This information enables your IT administrator to send certain administrative (not personal) text messages to you and enables Apple push notification services or Google notification services to deliver messages from your IT administrator to your device. Some of this information is also used to look up carriers or servers for administrative or registration purposes. Our policy is to delete this information every 10 days.
- Non-U.S. mobile phone numbers, if such numbers are used by your employer’s IT administrator to send SMS text messages relating to the management of mobile devices deployed using MobileIron software. Our policy is to delete this information every 10 days
What about my photos and personal email? Your employer cannot use MobileIron software to do any of the following:
- Retain copies of your photos
- Monitor your iMessages
- Monitor your personal email
- Limit your access to specific access points, websites or locations
- Track Internet usage
- Record phone calls
For further information, we encourage you to reach out to your IT department for additional details about your employer’s policy on company- and personally-owned devices managed by MobileIron.
Does MobileIron share the Information we collect? We only share the information we collect: (i) with your employer in connection with the operation of our software, (ii) with our affiliates, resellers or other third parties that are working with MobileIron or your employer if such parties need to know the information in order to assist your employer in its enterprise mobility efforts, (iii) with providers of products and services integrated into our software or service providers that perform services on our behalf and need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, (iv) as required by law or in response to a request by public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence, (v) to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect or defend the rights or property of MobileIron or our users or customers, or (vi) in connection with a sale of our business.
What are my privacy choices? Because our software is a tool deployed by your employer, your employer manages your privacy choices in connection with our products and services, and you should contact your employer for information in this regard. If you would like to access your personal information or to correct, amend or delete any inaccurate personal information processed in connection with your employer’s deployment of MobileIron products or services, please contact your employer.
How does MobileIron protect personal information? MobileIron has implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Mixpanel Technologies. MobileIron products collect statistical data about device status and usage information. That data is not identified with the device or individual user. MobileIron uses technologies from Mixpanel, Inc. (“Mixpanel”) to collect the data and provide statistical analyses based on these data. MobileIron uses this data to provide support to our customers, perform bug fixes, improve the functionality and reliability of the products and services and otherwise fulfill our obligations to our customers. For more detail on the data collected by Mixpanel, including the uses of such data by Mixpanel, please see https://mixpanel.com/privacy/
Third Party Products & Services. MobileIron’s products and services may integrate with or enable access to third-party tools. If you register or install or access any third party tools, you may be required to accept privacy notices provided by those third parties. Please review those notices carefully, as we do not control and cannot be responsible for these providers’ privacy or information security practices.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: March 15, 2017