Passwords are inherently insecure
While passwords are widely used as a baseline factor for user authentication, they no longer serve the purpose they were designed for. With passwords such as “12345” and “qwerty” still being the most used passwords in 2019, it’s time we ditched passwords.
MobileIron Zero Sign-On: passwordless MFA using device-as-identity
Mobile devices are the gateway to your personal life and MobileIron wants to make them the secure ID and access for the enterprise. Zero Sign-On leverages the various authentication capabilities such as biometrics, mobile applications, and certificates to allow organizations to use smartphones as a secure authentication factor and replacement for passwords. Zero Sign-On combined with the MobileIron UEM platform can help organizations scale the deployment and activation of passwordless MFA.
- Support an intuitive authentication experience with push notifications that use the device as a token.
- Enable easy user onboarding and lifecycle management for device-as-identity.
- Support stronger authentication by combining multiple factors including biometrics, certificates, device posture, and more.
Passwordless MFA for zero trust security
Passwordless MFA provides strong authentication. When combined with MobileIron UEM and MobileIron Threat Defense, passwordless MFA allows organizations to deploy zero trust security to block unauthorized users, devices, and applications from accessing business information over unsecured networks.
- Protect against stolen credentials and account takeovers by eliminating passwords.
- Deploy conditional access that assesses device posture, app type, network state, and location before granting access.
- Gain in-depth visibility into authentication and access patterns across your organization.
Begin your journey to passwordless MFA today
The adoption of cloud services has moved a lot of sensitive business information beyond the control of IT. Passwords alone cannot adequately protect this data. Organizations need a new zero trust approach that secures cloud services and eliminates passwords by providing stronger user authentication.
- Enable passwordless MFA with zero sign-on for any SAML application.
- Integrate with existing identity infrastructure such as ADFS, Okta, and PingFederate.
- Integrate with endpoint management and mobile threat defense to enable conditional access and zero trust security.
Benefits of Zero Sign-On
Improve user experience.
Save users from the hassle of memorizing, entering, and resetting passwords. Passwordless MFA uses device-as-identity to help users quickly access business resources by simply tapping a mobile push notification.
Strengthen user authentication and zero trust security.
Replace passwords and provide more secure access through a combination of authentication factors including biometrics, identity certificates, and mobile authenticator applications.
Increase productivity for users and your IT helpdesk.
Passwordless MFA is a low-friction authentication option that provides faster access to applications with fewer authentication prompts, resulting in better productivity. In addition, simplified authentication reduces help desk tickets by eliminating the need for password resets.
MobileIron Named a Visionary in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools
MobileIron was positioned as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools in 2020. MobileIron was previously positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites for seven years in a row.