For more than a decade, mobile device management (MDM) or enterprise mobility management (EMM) enabled organizations to manage corporate data on employees, contractors and field workers mobile devices. Desktops and PCs were managed separately from mobile devices In the last couple of years there is an IT demand to combine both mobile and desktop management into what is now called unified endpoint management (UEM). Currently, most organizations allow employees to bring their endpoint of choice as their primary work device. As a plethora of endpoints with multi-operating systems including iOS, MacOS, Android and Windows 10 get onboarded to the enterprise via BYOD, COBO and COPE initiatives, security and ease of manageability have become top priorities. MobileIron UEM enables organizations of all sizes to secure and simplify the management of their endpoints (mobile devices and desktops) using a single solution. UEM reduces cost and complexity and provides a native and a seamless experience of onboarding devices for both end users and admins.
Powered by a mobile-centric security platform
As traditional network perimeters become obsolete, organizations must address these modern security challenges with a zero trust approach that always verifies every user, device, app, and network before granting access to business resources. MobileIron unified endpoint management (UEM) is powered by a mobile-centric security platform that validates the device, establishes user context, checks app authorization, verifies the network, and detects and remediates threats before granting secure access to a device or user.
- Protect corporate resources on any corporate- or employee-owned iOS, macOS, Android and Windows10 endpoint.
- Meet regulatory compliance requirements through device encryption and data loss prevention settings.
- Provide secure access to business apps, email, Wi-Fi, VPN, and other productivity apps and content repositories such as SharePoint and Box.
A Single Console for Simplified Management of Multiple Endpoints
MobileIron enables admins to create and enforce compliance policies across all BYOD and CYOD endpoints, all from a single console. By using a single comprehensive security and management solution, as opposed to multiple point solutions, IT can greatly simplify endpoint management and shorten the learning curve for admins. In addition, this helps to free up costly personnel and time to focus on other strategic initiatives.
- Manage the entire endpoint lifecycle from provisioning, configuration, security, monitoring to retiring or wiping the device.
- Protect employee privacy through the separation of business and personal data on endpoints.
- Improve productivity by enabling admins to distribute, protect, and manage standard and custom apps at scale.
Improve Productivity with Native User Experience
MobileIron UEM enables organizations to provide a delightful and native user experience and drive efficiency. Admins are able to speed time to productivity by getting endpoint users up and running in minutes with the resources required to support their individual workflows. Users don’t have to navigate between multiple management interfaces for different endpoints. By enrolling enterprise devices in MobileIron, they can enjoy a seamless and native experience across the diverse operating systems.
- Efficient, automated enrollment enables admins to configure iOS, macOS, Android and Windows 10 endpoints over the air (OTA) using Apple Business Manager (ABM), Apple School Manager (ASM), Google Zero Touch enrollment, Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment and Windows Autopilot.
- Employees, contractors, frontline responders and remote workers can quickly access business apps and content on a fully provisioned endpoint of their choice wherever they work.
- Users get the same intuitive MobileIron experience across all of their devices, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops.