MobileIron and Samsung KNOX: Accelerating and securing Samsung Android endpoints in the enterprise
To help secure Android devices in the enterprise, MobileIron and Samsung have collaborated to provide the most secure and comprehensive mobility solutions for both employee-owned and corporate-provided rollouts of Android devices. MobileIron has long been a champion of Android adoption in the enterprise, and was one of the first providers to deliver an enterprise app storefront, BYOD privacy controls, and certificate-based identity management for Android.
- MobileIron integrates with Knox Mobile Enrollment to help IT admins centrally deploy enterprise settings including email, Wi-Fi, and VPN to Samsung Knox devices in bulk without having to manually enroll each one. Users can then just power on their devices, register, connect to the corporate network and automatically download their authorized corporate apps.
- Samsung Knox Enterprise Firmware-Over-The-Air (E-FOTA), allows IT admins to remotely control and enforce OS upgrades on every device across the mobile fleet. Knox E-FOTA is managed through a policy that can be configured and distributed through the MobileIron UEM platform providing flexibility and maximizing cost efficiency.
- MobileIron provides a seamless and native end-user experience during device enrollment enabling Samsung Knox users to be productive sooner.
- MobileIron enables organizations to be more productive by providing several secure user productivity apps for Samsung Knox users. Docs@Work provides an intuitive way to access, store, edit, and view documents from email, Sharepoint, and numerous document repositories. Email+ provides secure email, contacts, calendar, and tasks.
- The single console enables organizations to reduce the complexity and costs of managing a fleet of Samsung Knox devices.
Integrated mobile threat defense for Android based Samsung Knox devices
MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) helps protect Samsung Knox devices against Android based threats with continuous protection against threats that exploit user behavior and security gaps. Detect and remediate mobile threats such as device, network, app and phishing attacks, even when the Samsung Knox device is offline. Get unmatched detection and remediation of known and zero-day threats with machine learning algorithms that work on any Samsung Knox endpoint with or without network connectivity. MTD is built directly into the MobileIron UEM client to ensure seamless and continuous Samsung Knox on-device protection.
- Ensure 100% user adoption with a single unified agent for MTD and UEM.
- No need to deploy or activate MTD.
- Prevent users from modifying or removing MTD from corporate-managed devices.
- Detect anomalies in normal device behavior by leveraging statistical threat models, sandboxing, static code analysis and advanced behavioral analysis.
- Allow Samsung device to onboard corporate apps, content, configurations and policies only if MTD does not detect any threats such as malicious apps.
Passwordless authentication with Android based Samsung Knox devices
Using MobileIron you can enable passwordless authentication by using both managed and unmanaged Android based Samsung Knox endpoints as the user ID and primary factor for authentication. MobileIron supports frictionless user authentication through zero sign-on (ZSO) and multi-factor authentication (MFA). You can also view policy violations, enforcement events, and provide intuitive self-remediation.
- Eliminate single sign-on (SSO), which still requires a password.
- Make smart access control decisions based on user, endpoint, app, service, location, network, and more.
- Reduce the risk of password related breaches.
- Track user authentication, violations, and failed login attempts using a single console to define all cloud and on-premises access policies.
- Leverage and enhance your existing investments and user experiences by integrating with AD/LDAP, IDPs, SIEMs, and other IT infrastructure.
MobileIron Named a Visionary in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools
MobileIron was positioned as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools in 2020. MobileIron was previously positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites for seven years in a row.