Mobile Devices Have Become Prime Fight Back with MobileIron!Targets for Hackers.
MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) protects and remediates against known and unknown (zero-day) threats that target your organization’s Android and iOS devices. MTD provides the ideal deployment, detection, and remediation solution to defend against attacks that occur at the device-, network-, and application-level. Multi-vector anti-phishing enables you to protect your organization against the #1 social attack vector by leveraging complete mobile phishing protection made possible by taking full-advantage of the MobileIron UEM policy engine, MTD on-device machine learning and phishing URL lookup, optional expansion to include cloud-based phishing URL lookup and zero sign-on (ZSO), which eliminates user credentials — the primary target of phishing attacks today.
Protect Against Phishing, the #1 Attack Vector
Phishing attacks leverage deception to trick individuals into divulging personal information that can then be leveraged for fraudulent purposes. According to Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) 2020, phishing is the top form of social driven breaches. And while the vast majority of phishing attacks arrived via email, attacks were also carried out via website, phone and SMS. Why are mobile devices increasingly being targeted for phishing attacks? There are several reasons. Small mobile device screens make it difficult for users to access and view key information while being prompted to make fast decisions. And when it comes to text messages, it’s difficult to verify their authenticity. Don’t allow your users take the bait! MobileIron Threat Defense (MTD) protects and remediates against phishing attacks.
- Achieve 100% user adoption for anti-phishing.
- Deploy multi-vector phishing protection and remediation.
- Control the balance between security and user privacy.
Easily Deploy with 100% User Adoption
No User Interaction Required to Deploy and Activate Protection
One of the biggest enterprise security challenges is ensuring that mobile security is actually activated and updated on all user devices. Since organizations can’t rely on users to download and activate applications, any mobile threat protection should be automatically activated on the device. This helps ensure users are continuously protected from threats that come from connecting to unsecured Wi-Fi, leaving Bluetooth enabled, downloading an app from a questionable app store, or simply clicking on a link they believe to be harmless.
- MTD is built directly into the MobileIron unified endpoint management (UEM) client to ensure seamless and continuous on-device protection.
- No user action is required to deploy and activate MTD.
- Users cannot disable MTD or remove it from their UEM managed devices.
In the race against hackers, speed matters. Most mobile threat detection solutions rely on a backend cloud service to perform threat detection, inform UEM of a policy violation and then send remediation instructions to the UEM agent. A man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack can easily prevent connection to the cloud service, rendering threat detection capabilities completely useless, and thus failing to trigger the necessary remedial action. MTD uses machine-learning algorithms optimized to continuously detect threats, even when the device is offline. MTD’s unique approach to detection and remediation ensures immediate and ongoing visibility into malicious threats across all Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as detailed analyses of risky apps.
- Get faster, on-device detection and remediation of known and zero-day threats, even without cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Machine-learning algorithms provide immediate and ongoing visibility into malicious threats across all protected Android and iOS devices.
- Gain real-time insight into the apps installed on user devices, and improve decision-making using analytics and detailed reports that provide threat assessment score, explanation of risks, and implications.
Continuous App Visibility and Evaluation
MTD provides the level of visibility you need to continuously review and evaluate the mobile apps that are downloaded and installed on your users’ Android and iOS devices. This enables you to quickly identify those apps that pose security and privacy threats.
- Easily determine the number of users who have risky apps on their devices.
- Proactively leverage app usage policies to whitelist safe apps and blacklist risky apps.
- Allow or deny apps based upon app risk scoring, app behaviors, domains, certificates, shared code, and network communications.
- Upload any app for analysis by using an app store URL or an actual file.
Get Granular Control Over Mobile Configuration
More granular control over your mobile app configuration policy enables you to better maintain your organization’s overall security posture. MTD app analytics provide the ability to easily identify those apps which could potentially access and expose customer and employee data, as well as other intellectual property.
- Quickly uncover those mobile apps that violate your organization’s compliance policies and take necessary corrective actions.
- Filter mobile apps via a variety of characteristics such as location gathering, SMS reading, and screen recording.
- Receive notification when newly created apps include characteristics that you have identified as security risks, and blacklist those apps.
- Leverage a variety of mobile app security and privacy risk summary reports to make faster, more informed decisions to best support your organization’s security posture.
Flexible Compliance Actions Support User Productivity
MTD protects your organization against data loss while driving user productivity. That’s because MTD enables admins to configure automated, incremental compliance actions based upon the perceived severity of the security threat. Non-intrusive actions such as monitoring, can be automatically increased to send an alert, block AppConnect and email, quarantine the device, and perform selective wipe. So rather than automatically block a user’s access to corporate resources simply because they connect to unsecured Wi-Fi in their hotel room, or install a non-compliant social media app, a more gradual series of compliance actions can be taken as deemed necessary by the admin. This provides a much better experience for the users, and allows them to remain productive.
- Admins can choose from a list of granular compliance actions that can be either server-initiated, or initiated at the device level.
- Create and apply multiple local remediation action configurations to different user groups.
- Shorten the “kill chain” for attacks by transforming the mobile device into the policy enforcement point to reduce detection time of threats and attacks.
Benefits of MobileIron Threat Defense
Improve the security posture of your organization by achieving 100% user activation for MTD on the devices you manage with MobileIron UEM.
Proactively protect your business from unnecessary expenses by reducing the exposure of confidential customer data, potential regulatory fines, and damage to your reputation.
Machine learning algorithms support your mobile threat defense strategy by providing ongoing threat intelligence with or without Internet connectivity.
Gain insight into which apps are installed on users’ devices, and leverage threat assessment scores, as well as explanations of risks and implications to determine which compliance actions (if any, and in what order) should be taken.
Compliance actions and threat notifications performed on the device shorten the “kill chain” and increase your chances for data loss prevention when battling today’s complex attacks on mobile devices.
Choose between flexible cloud-based and on-premises deployment options to best meet the needs of your organization.
MobileIron Threat Defense: Detect and remediate against mobile phishing attacks
Mobile Threat Detection Through Machine Learning