MobileIron Named a Leader in 2018 IDC MarketScape for Unified Endpoint Management Software
MobileIron Recognized for Proven Security and Superior Support
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., October 4, 2018 /BusinessWire/ MobileIron (NASDAQ:MOBL), the secure foundation for modern work, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape for Unified Endpoint Management Software.* The IDC MarketScape defines unified endpoint management (UEM) as “the convergence of multiple facets of device configuration, management, security, and policy enforcement,” and IDC research** indicates that more than three-quarters of enterprises expect to have the majority or entirety of their corporate PC deployments managed by UEM platforms by 2023.
Download a complimentary copy of the report here: https://www.mobileiron.com/IDC-Marketscape-2018
Security and support drive customer satisfaction
According to the IDC MarketScape report, “Security (and support) was among the factors leading to MobileIron having among the highest customer satisfaction rating among vendors in the study.”
The report emphasizes MobileIron’s security strengths, including key security certifications to address regulated markets and the company’s newest offering, MobileIron Threat Defense, “to help IT departments move toward unified endpoint security.”
The unification of mobile and PC
The report also highlights MobileIron’s “strong unified console, which supports device views and policy enforcement across mobile (iOS, Android) and PC (Windows and macOS) devices” and states that “combined with MobileIron’s strong capabilities in EMM [enterprise mobility management] and mobile security, Bridge provides equally strong security/management features for PCs.”
"Our recognition by the IDC MarketScape as a Leader in UEM is a testament to the unwavering customer focus and technology innovation of our team and the commitment to digital transformation we see every day in our customers,” said Simon Biddiscombe, CEO, MobileIron.
MobileIron provides the secure foundation for modern work. In the last year, MobileIron continued to reinforce its innovation and technology leadership:
● Customer leadership: MobileIron passed 17,000 cumulative customers globally, including many of the highest-security enterprises and governments around the world.
● Security innovation: MobileIron launched intelligent, multi-factor authentication (MFA) for the cloud with the addition of Authenticator to the MobileIron Access cloud security solution. The company also launched MobileIron Threat Defense to detect and remediate device, network, and application threats. MobileIron was granted 20 new patents, for a total of 77, with 70 focused on data or application security.
● Application innovation: MobileIron announced its collaboration with Google Cloud on a joint commerce solution to deploy, secure, and manage cloud applications and services. The company also launched its App Insights capability to allow IT to analyze and improve adoption of enterprise applications.
● Endpoint expansion: MobileIron improved security and management for macOS with the launch of MobileIron Tunnel and MobileIron Access. Microsoft announced its partnership with MobileIron for management of the HoloLens mixed reality platform.
● Best-in-class ecosystem: MobileIron expanded its partnership with Lenovo to provide a simple, efficient way to procure, secure, and manage Windows devices. The company also launched the first UEM integration in the industry with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and launched a MobileIron Access integration with Okta to provide true trust in a zero-trust world.
* IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2018 Vendor Assessment, (Doc# US43294318), July 2018.
About IDC MarketScape: IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors
** IDC's 2018 Enterprise Mobility Software Decision Maker Survey
MobileIron provides the secure foundation for modern work. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.