Gartner Recognizes MobileIron as a Leader for Sixth Consecutive Year in Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL) today announced that Gartner, Inc. has positioned MobileIron as a Leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites"  for the sixth consecutive year.
"MobileIron is the only stand-alone EMM vendor to appear in the Leaders Quadrant this year. Our independence creates focus and our focus on mobile drives our innovation," said Barry Mainz, President and CEO, MobileIron. "Mobile changes faster than any other enterprise technology, and our customers know that they can rely on MobileIron as the backbone for their mobile initiatives both now and in the future."
Strategic importance of EMM
Gartner describes EMM suites as "the 'glue' that connects mobile devices to their enterprise infrastructure." The report notes:
EMM is the starting point, if you are planning to opt into managing anything on a mobile platform. Because it is the presumptive foothold agent, EMM is the logical choice to broker policies for other services and tools on the platform.
In the last year, MobileIron continued to reinforce its innovation and technology leadership:
- MobileIron Access: The latest addition to MobileIron's portfolio of security solutions, Access reduces information security risks by allowing only trusted users, on trusted devices, using trusted apps to access corporate data in cloud services such as Box, Google Apps for Work, Office 365, and Salesforce.
- Federal government certifications: MobileIron is in-process for three critical U.S. government security certifications: FedRAMP, NIAP Common Criteria, and NSA Commercial Solutions for Classified programs (CSfC). MobileIron believes it is the first EMM vendor to be in-process for all three.
- 15 new patents granted for a total of 33: These include 14 new security patents such as "Management of certificates for mobile devices," "Secure copy and paste of mobile app data," "Secure access to mobile applications," and "Secure virtual file management system."
- MobileIron Rooms: As an Apple mobility partner, MobileIron launched Rooms for iOS to solve the common business problem of scheduling a conference room with an app designed specifically for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
- New Cloud service with Deutsche Telekom: MobileIron announced a new cloud-based EMM service with Telekom Deutschland, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom. The service adheres to Germany's data protection regulations and satisfies the privacy requirements of German enterprise customers and public sector institutions.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites" by Rob Smith, Bryan Taylor, Chris Silva, Manjunath Bhat, Terrence Cosgrove, John Girard, June 8, 2016.
MobileIron provides the secure foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.