MobileIron Achieves ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
MobileIron takes threats to the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of our clients' information seriously. As such, I’m excited to share that MobileIron is now an ISO/IEC 27001 certified provider. Our Information Security Management System (ISMS) has received third-party accreditation from A-lign, an independent, third-party auditor accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board.
ISO 27001 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations. ISO/IEC 27001 is a security standard that outlines the requirements for an ISMS, helping organizations to keep their information assets secure. It includes the management of information security to protect assets in design, development and maintenance of unified endpoint management (UEM) software and applications, and all supporting processing.
Below are a few high-level benefits of ISO 27001 certification:
- Competitive advantage
- According to the ISO Survey of Management System Standard Certifications, as of 2017 Europe had 38% of ISO 27001 certifications worldwide, East Asia/Asia Pacific had 45%, and North America was the leader in growth of certifications at 43%.
- Alignment with customer requirements
- Most clients, especially in EMEA and Asia, expect technology companies to be ISO 27001 certified.
- Shows commitment to information security at all levels throughout the organization
- A key tenet of ISO 27001 is commitment from executive management to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information
- Increased reliability and security of systems and increased business resilience
- With ISO 27001, the scrutiny increases on security of operations, secure code review, robust business continuity exercises, and communication of IT policies.
- ISO 27001 provides a universal framework for other industry certifications, making the compliance process more efficient and effective.
This certification demonstrates MobileIron’s continued commitment to information security at every level and ensures that the security of data and information has been addressed, implemented, and properly controlled in our organization.