Delivering Customer First Solutions at the Pace of Mobile
The new generation of macOS software provides enterprise IT organizations with powerful control over device security and application management, while giving employees the freedom to use their Apple ecosystem seamlessly in the enterprise. IT organizations can now enroll macOS devices, manage app distribution to them, and have a unified endpoint management for all devices including macOS.
Deployment and Enrollment
MobileIron provides comprehensive macOS device enrollment and management for organizations including:
- Simplified configuration of enterprise settings including email, Wi-Fi and VPN
- Support for Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) for simplified enrollment of devices and and out-the-box experience
- Seamless authentication using enterprise certificates and Active Directory integration
MobileIron provides granular security and management controls for macOS devices so IT organizations can ensure the security of enterprise data. Key security and management features include:
- Role based access control and a self service portal where admins can view and perform actions on all enrolled macOS devices
- Ability to perform full encryption on macOS devices using FileVault 2 and add compliance actions to ensure that any compromised devices are quarantined with no access to enterprise data
- Selective wipe to remove corporate data from lost or non-compliant devices
- Ability to manage and distribute certificate preference for identity, website, and emails
MobileIron enables IT organizations to publish an App Catalog for macOS to facilitate distribution of enterprise applications for increased productivity. IT admins can also prompt app installs on device check-in and perform silent app installs upon device enrollment. Admins can view the application inventory across all devices and allow/deny the deployment of applications on enterprise macOS devices.