Android has the largest market share for smartphone operating systems among consumers, but enterprise adoption has lagged because the fragmentation of devices and operating system versions has created too much complexity for IT. A successful Android deployment must address this complexity and still preserve the native user experience, all without compromising security.
MobileIron for Android creates a containerized Enterprise Persona that separates personal and professional apps and content while preserving the native Android user experience. Security is provided at the application layer using MobileIron’s AppConnect technology. The result is an experience for both the employee and IT that is consistent across Android devices and operating system versions.
Whether the device is corporate-owned or part of a BYOD program, Mobile IT has full control over the Enterprise Persona. The administrator can set and manage app and data level policies and perform selective or complete wipes of the persona. However, IT has no knowledge of or access to the user’s personal applications and data – the two environments are completely isolated on the back end.
- Data Security
- App data encryption (FIPS 140-2)
- Certificate-based security for email, Wi-Fi, and VPN
- Secure single sign-on
- Selective wipe
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Attachment control
- Screen capture control
- Copy/paste control
Secure Network Access
- App Tunneling
- Enterprise Wi-Fi configuration
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN configuration
Advanced App Management for Android
- Divide: Through a special partnership with Divide, MobileIron offers a great native contacts, calendar and tasks experience across Android devices and OS versions.
- IBM Notes Traveler: now available with AppConnect integration, this is the first time an IBM Notes Traveler client for Android can be containerized, configured and secured by an EMM platform.
- MobileIron Docs@Work provides an intuitive way to access, store, and view documents from email and SharePoint, and lets the administrator establish data loss prevention (DLP) controls to protect these documents from unauthorized distribution.
- MobileIron’s secure browsing solution Web@Work delivers browser-specific tunneling to access corporate web resources without the need for device-wide VPN.
MobileIron for Android provides the advanced security and app management Mobile IT requires so that organizations can broadly adopt Android as a mobile computing standard.
The Importance of AppConnect for Android
MobileIron's secure AppConnect framework is a game changer for Android. Learn more from our Senior Director of Product Management and our Director of Product Management on Android. Application vendors like IBM Notes Traveler, Webaloo, etc. have now become part of MobileIron's AppConnect framework to better secure Android apps.
Samsung's Knox Capabilities for your Enterprise
Our Senior Director of Product Management and Director of Product Management on Android talk about the dominant player in the Android space - Samsung and it's secure Knox infrastructure. Learn about its additional enterprise functionality and its role for Android.
IBM Notes Traveler
Now available with AppConnect integration, IBM Notes Traveler client for Android can be containerized, configured and secured by an EMM platform.