Android Device Management
The Android™ platform has quickly established itself as a dominant mobile OS for consumers. However, enterprise IT has been slower to adopt Android due to ongoing concerns about device security and fragmentation. The release of Lollipop and Android for Work is clearly designed to change those perceptions.
Bring Android for Work, to Work, with MobileIron.Learn more
Lollipop security features such as default encryption, increased protection against brute-force attacks, secure device-sharing features, and SELinux enforcing mode should help reassure security-conscious enterprises that have been reluctant to support Android until now.
Combined with Lollipop, Android for Work delivers a deeper and more consistent security model to enterprise customers. With Android for Work, IT gets a more consistent and unified way to manage enterprise apps as well as the ability to separate work and personal data on every managed device.
Whether the device is corporate-owned or part of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, MobileIron for Android enables IT administrators to set and manage corporate application and data policies while providing the ability to perform a selective or complete wipe of the device.
However, IT has no access to the end-user’s personal applications and data that reside on the same device because business and personal environments are completely separated. Mobile security is provided at the application layer using MobileIron AppConnect technology. The result is a consistent and secure native experience for both the end user and IT across multiple Android devices and OS versions.
Some of the key features of MobileIron for Android include:
- Intuitive registration
- Simplified configuration of enterprise settings and security policies
- Certificate-based email, Wi-Fi, and VPN
- Secure single sign-on for seamless access to enterprise resources
- Ongoing compliance monitoring and auto-remediation policies
- Selective wipe to remove corporate data from compromised devices
- Apps@Work enterprise app store for app distribution and discovery
- Secure email, contacts, calendar, and task applications
- AppConnect to separate business data from personal content and provide consistent security and user experience across a variety of Android devices
- Data-at-rest encryption for business data using FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules
- Data loss prevention (DLP) via Open-In and Copy/Paste controls
- Secure access gateway to enable granular app-level access control
- Rich ecosystem of AppConnect-enabled third-party apps
- Docs@Work provides an intuitive way to access, store, and view documents from email and SharePoint, and lets the administrator establish DLP controls to protect these documents from unauthorized distribution.
- Web@Work provides secure browsing to access corporate web resources without the need for device-wide VPN.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.