The Android platform has quickly established itself as a dominant mobile OS for consumers. However, enterprise IT has been slower to adopt Android broadly due to lack of Enterprise Mobility Management capabilities in Android and fragmentation.
Learn about Lollipop
What Enterprise needs to know about the latest OS
But the recent release of Android Lollipop reduces fragmentation and when combined with MobileIron enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions, gives IT the tools needed to easily manage and secure apps and content on all types of Android devices. This will accelerate adoption of Android devices within the enterprise.
Whether the device is corporate-owned or part of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, MobileIron for Android enables IT administrators to set and manage corporate application and data policies while providing the ability to perform a selective or complete wipe of the device.
However, IT has no access to the end-user’s personal applications and data that reside on the same device because business and personal environments are completely separated. Mobile security is provided at the application layer using MobileIron AppConnect technology. The result is a consistent and secure native experience for both the end user and IT across multiple Android devices and OS versions.
Some of the key features of MobileIron for Android include:
- Intuitive registration
- Simplified configuration of enterprise settings and security policies
- Certificate-based email, Wi-Fi, and VPN
- Secure single sign-on for seamless access to enterprise resources
- Ongoing compliance monitoring and auto-remediation policies
- Selective wipe to remove corporate data from compromised devices
- Apps@Work enterprise app store for app distribution and discovery
- Secure email, contacts, calendar, and task applications
- AppConnect to separate business data from personal content and provide consistent security and user experience across a variety of Android devices
- Data-at-rest encryption for business data using FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules
- Data loss prevention (DLP) via Open-In and Copy/Paste controls
- Secure access gateway to enable granular app-level access control
- Rich ecosystem of AppConnect-enabled third-party apps
- Docs@Work provides an intuitive way to access, store, and view documents from email and SharePoint, and lets the administrator establish DLP controls to protect these documents from unauthorized distribution.
- Web@Work provides secure browsing to access corporate web resources without the need for device-wide VPN.