Mobile Device Management - MDM
Mobile device management (MDM) is the foundation of a modern enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution that enables organizations to make their employees productive on devices that they love to use while ensuring that IT can secure and manage the mobile devices.
An Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform must address the costs, security risks, and management challenges associated with mobile adoption that traditional IT tools cannot address to deliver a robust mobile device security management solution.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solution
MobileIron’s MDM solutions allow IT to secure and manage mobile devices across multiple operating systems, by providing secure corporate email, automatic device configuration, certificate-based security, and selective wipe of enterprise data for both corporate and user-owned devices.
The MobileIron platform was purpose-built for enterprises to secure and manage mobile devices, applications and content while providing their employees with device choice, privacy and a native user experience. An IT administrator can manage the lifecycle of the device and its applications, from registration to retirement, and rapidly accelerate operationalizing and scaling their Mobile IT infrastructure.
The MobileIron software Client, Mobile@Work, works with MobileIron Core to apply policies and configure email, Wi-Fi, VPN, and security certificates. Our MDM software creates a clear separation between personal and business data. Should the end-user leave the company or if the mobile device is lost, IT can selectively wipe all corporate data on the device without impacting user personal data.
Mobile Device Management from MobileIron allows IT administrators to apply granular controls based on a variety of parameters such as device-type, device-ownership and employee role. With this granular policy framework, the IT administrator can both alleviate end-user privacy concerns and lessen the organization's burden of complying with a wide range of privacy laws.
MobileIron Mobile Device Management Features:
- Ability to secure and manage mobile devices across major operating systems including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile.
- Security and management engine that enables IT to establish mobile device security policies and compliance rules using a simple, intuitive mobile device management console
- A scalable and flexible MDM solution that integrates with backend enterprise IT infrastructure such as Active Directory while providing organizations the ability to deploy on premise or in the cloud
- On board certificate authority and Wi-Fi, email and VPN Configuration that accelerates and simplifies deploying a Mobile Device Management platform broadly in the enterprise.
- Wi-Fi, email and VPN Configuration
- Support for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs that meet user demands and IT needs thus enabling organizations to accelerate their journey to becoming Mobile First.
- Secure in-line access gateway that manages, encrypts and secures the traffic between the enterprise mobile device and back end enterprise systems in addition to blocking access to corporate resources if the device falls out of compliance or is not authorized.
- Email attachment protection so that corporate information cannot leave secure mobile devices or be leaked into personal email.
- Advanced reporting that provides IT administrators with real time operational intelligence solutions to manage and maintain the posture, usage of mobile devices and applications globally.
- Selective wipe and restore that removes or restores all enterprise information while ensuring end user personal data is kept intact thus ensuring end user privacy is maintained
- Certified use of FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules to deliver a robust and highly secure MDM solution that meets the needs of highly regulated organizations.