BYOD - Bring Your Own Device
Many organizations want to support Bring Your Own Device initiatives to allow end-users to use personally owned devices at work.
Bring Your Own Device (or BYOD) programs are typically implemented to drive employee satisfaction and productivity, while addressing BYOD security risks. However, employee adoption of their employer’s BYOD program depends on the separation of enterprise apps and data from personal ones, and the maintenance of privacy.
Bring Your Own Device Solution
MobileIron provides enterprise BYOD solutions that enable IT organizations to selectively wipe business data on a user’s device, including business email, apps, content, settings, and certificates, without wiping personal content contained on the device. Without an enterprise BYOD security solution in place, if a device is lost or compromised, the IT administrator’s only option would be to wipe the entire device of all personal and corporate content. The MobileIron Enterprise Mobility Management platform delivers a scalable BYOD solution, with integrated Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM) and Mobile Content Management (MCM) capabilities.
MobileIron Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Features
- Separation of personal and enterprise apps and content while preserving the native mobile user experience.
- Self-service enterprise Appstore, Apps@Work for employees to deliver a robust Enterprise Application Management solution.
- Embedded certificate authority to manage device and end-user identity
- Certificate-based security to secure email end-to-end and minimize the risk of data loss
- Sophisticated posture monitoring and automated remediation policy workflow
- BYOD Device Registration Portal for employee self-service
Mobile First organizations understand that the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend is here to stay, fueled by users who expect total flexibility in managing their professional and personal business wherever they are, on their device of choice. However, the ability to securely and cost-effectively enable BYOD presents a significant challenge for even the most forward-thinking companies. To help, MobileIron has created the “Ultimate Guide to BYOD”.
The MobileIron BYOD eBook is designed to help your organization anticipate, understand and manage questions regarding BYOD solutions. This four-part guide will help your organization anticipate and manage questions regarding BYOD enterprise solutions, and address best practices for preparing, building, and rolling out a successful BYOD program over the long term.