The Enterprise Mobile Browser
The web browser is still one of your most important business applications. You use it many times daily to access both enterprise content stored on the corporate intranet and web applications required to perform your daily work.
But a Mobile First world, where users expect access to essential web content from any location – whether inside or outside the firewall, can present unique challenges. For the IT professional, the challenge is to enable users to realize the full potential of web mobility without sacrificing security. For the end-users, they must be able to access web resources quickly and easily, with familiar processes and minimal setup.
MobileIron® Web@Work is the only solution that fully addresses these requirements for enterprise mobile web access. The Web@Work Enterprise Mobile Browser enables immediate, secure access to internal websites and web applications, while preserving a native and high-fidelity web browsing experience.
Secure Access to Enterprise Web Content and Mobile Web Apps
MobileIron Web@Work enables secure web browsing by protecting both data-in-motion and data-at-rest on the device.
- Secure data-in-motion - Enterprise web traffic is tunneled through MobileIron Sentry for secure transport and access control. To comply with privacy laws required in some geographies, IT can enable split-tunnel configurations. This allows external websites to bypass Sentry and IT visibility.
- Browser-exclusive tunnel - Unlike a VPN, the tunnel is exclusive to Web@Work, meaning IT can restrict access to only those internal web resources users require based on their group membership in the enterprise directory or other user and device characteristics. If the user or device falls out of compliance, the tunnel will be automatically blocked until the compliance issue is remediated. VPN is not required.
- Containerized data-at-rest – Browser cache, cookies, history, and other website data are all encrypted and subject to wipe depending on device compliance.
- DLP controls – ‘Open In’ and Cut/Copy/Paste can be restricted to ensure that corporate data does not leak to unsecure applications.
- User-based configuration - Utilize policies, users, roles, groups, and permissions already set in MobileIron to define and silently push Web@Work configuration, including unique browser "bookmarks" to internal corporate web resources based on the user's role in the organization.