IBM Notes Traveler Companion and To Do with MobileIron AppConnect
Organizations that use IBM Notes Traveler Companion, Notes Traveler To Do and Connections on iOS and Android devices now have even more security and flexibility thanks to integration with MobileIron.
With MobileIron AppConnect integration IBM Notes Traveler Companion, Notes Traveler To Do and Connections users can receive, read and send encrypted emails, while IT benefits from automatic user configuration with simple compliance and access controls. It’s a secure way to extend your IBM Notes and Domino capability to your iPhone and iPad users.
IBM Notes Traveler for Android
IBM® Notes® Traveler provides automatic, two-way, over-the-air syncing of IBM Notes and Domino® data using Android smartphones and tablets. Mail, calendar, contact and To Dos access are all provided using the client in conjunction with a company's Notes Traveler server.
IBM Connections For Android
IBM® Notes® Traveler provides automatic, two-way, over-the-air syncing of IBM Notes and Domino® data using Android smartphones and tablets. Mail, calendar, contact and To Dos access are all provided using the client in conjunction with a company's Notes Traveler server. IBM® Connections is social software for business. It enables you to build a network of colleagues and subject matter experts, and then leverage that network to further your business goals. IBM Connections is a server product that is deployed on your company intranet or the IBM SmartCloud. This IBM Connections mobile app extends access to that server for employees who are on the go directly from their Android™ device. This app can also be securely managed by your company administrator through server side policies.
Available now. Contact your MobileIron Sales Representative for more details on implementing IBM Notes Traveler OR IBM Connections for Android with MobileIron AppConnect
Minimum software requirements for IBM Notes Traveler for Android
- Android: 2.3 and above (this is the minimum version of Android supported by MobileIron AppConnect)
- VSP: MobileIron 5.7 or above
- Sentry: MobileIron 4.7 or above
- Android client: MobileIron 5.7.x or above
IBM Notes Traveler Companion and Notes Traveler To Do for iOS
IBM Notes Traveler Companion offers IBM Domino mail extensions for Domino mail. After entering your Notes Traveler password, the mail will be displayed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, and then upon exit will leave no decrypted mail on the device – ensuring the security of sensitive corporate data. Read, respond and send encrypted mail from your iOS device.
If you are an IBM Notes Traveler To Do users can now access Notes Traveler To Do data from their mobile devices or enhance their Notes Traveler experience by adding ToDo’s to their mobile workflow.
Minimum software requirements
The following components are required at the specified minimum levels.
- MobileIron AppConnect and AppTunnel with VSP, version 5.7 and higher
IBM with MobileIron AppConnect offers:
- Application provisioning: Using AppConfig, administrators can automatically configure user account information with information from the VSP including server and user names. The only information a user would need to enter is their password.
- Application tunneling through Sentry: AppTunneling provides the ability to securely transport IBM Notes Traveler data through Sentry. All connections are secured using certificates that are unique for each mobile device. Note: AppTunnel is required to establish Lotus Notes Traveler data through Sentry as the IBM Notes Traveler applications do not use ActiveSync.
- Application security enforcement: AppConnect application security policies, including the container PIN, are honored by the Lotus Notes traveler app. Other application restrictions, such as terminating access based on device posture and selective wipe are also supported.
- Data sharing controls and security: IBM Notes Traveler data, specifically file attachments, can only be shared with other AppConnect enabled apps.
- Disable screen capture: Screen capture controls set by the MobileIron administrator are now extended to the IBM Notes Traveler app
- Media Player and Photo Gallery: Administrators can prohibit or allow access to the Android Media Player and Photo Gallery from IBM Notes Traveler for Android